Listening to music putting on headphones is always a great experience. It really gives you heavenly pleasure while you are immensely exhausted after a whole day’s busy schedule. Therefore, if you are a music lover, you need to be very selective in your choice of headphones. Are you aware of open back headphones? Listen, guys. Open back headphones are preferred over closed back headphones. Now we are going to present you with some open back headphone models that you may buy for having the pleasure of listening to various kinds of songs.
We will also suggest why you should go for an open back headphone and what you need to remember before you are going to buy one for you.
Factors while buying Open Back Headphones:
There are some factors to be considered while you buy Open Back headphones.
- Its frequency level- The frequency level should also be checked. The nominal frequency level for the human ear is 20Hz- 2 kHz, and it must produce sound within this level only or else it may damage your ears.
- Soundstage- Open back headphones should have better sensitivity for converting electric signals. Simultaneously, high sensitivity reproduces great sound. There should be a combination of bass and treble so that the treble does not irritate your ears.
- Comfortable- The most important aspect is a comfort to your ears. Once you put for long hours it may create problems, so you must buy padded ear cups headband that avoids excess pressure on your head and ears. Note-You must also check that does not get hot after wearing for a long time. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro is probably best suited for this purpose.
- Technology- Most of the open back headphones are built with Bluetooth and Wi Fi. This is very good for pairing with any device. But for studios, the wired headphones are a better option. Philips X2/27 Fidelio and Sennheiser HD 558 come with an advanced integrated technology for producing better sound quality that music lovers will like.
- Durability- You must check the durability of the headphones. With the regular usage of headphones, there will be damage and must find out whether the spare parts are available or not.
- Portable- Portability is very important because the light weight is the best to carry. Fold up models are good for easy carrying and transit. If you want easily portable open back headphones, you can go for any one on this list.
- Brand – Brand is also an important factor to look for. It is seen that reputed brands give more comfort worth of its price.
Why are Open Back Headphones Preferred Over Closed Back Headphones?
You can understand that there are some differences between open back and closed back headphones. The basic difference is that sound can be passed through the back of the ear cups in open back headphones. Closed back head-phones never allow so. As a result, open back headphones can prevent sound pressure. You will certainly be able to listen to a clear and natural sound while you put on an open back headphone. Closed back headphones are particularly meant for music professionals for using those headphones at the studio.
If you want to listen to music for relaxation, open back headphone is probably the best choice. We can suggest you some features of brand new open back headphones under $150-$200. The final choice is yours and you have to choose one which suits all your needs. What are you waiting for? Just have a look at their features and order the perfect one for you.
Best Open Back Headphones Under $150-$200:
The choice of a perfect open back headphone may not be always easy. First of all, you need to fix your demand from the headphones you are going to buy. We give you the details of some open back headphone models that cost under $150-$200. The price range is also set keeping in mind the matter of affordability of all sorts of people. As you want to go for an open back headphone, you can try any of the following. Just go through their specifications and then decide which one is to buy.
1. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
Beyerdynamic has brought open back headphones with some attractive features. You may like the following features of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro:
- This suits well with systems such as music-editing devices, mobile phones or any other sound systems.
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro is a classic open back headphone that comes with a better frequency response for producing clear and natural sound.
- This Beyerdynamic model will also provide you comfort while you wear it for a long time.
- Incredible sound effect and user-friendly for everyday purpose
- Ambiance sound is kept far away with its padded ear cups. The ear cups are made of soft and comfortable material.
- It is a durable open back headphone
- Produces great sound
- Earcup is padded
- Has a bulky design
- Sometimes leaks at high volume
- Too tight on the head.
- It is reviewed as it produces quality sound
- Not suitable for mobile use because of its 3-meter cable
2. Beyerdynamic DT 880
You may also love these specifications of another Beyerdynamic model:
- Beyerdynamic DT 880 is a costly open back headphone widely used by music lovers. It is packed with aluminum padded.
- Although it is quite expensive compared to others, it is good for professional usage.
- The silver mesh filters produce sound with clarity.
- Jack is electro gold plated and long durability.
- Inbuilt Hi-Fi stereotype.
- Fashionable design with a silver blend, black and white.
- Adjustable leather headband and soft ear cups put less pressure on your ears and head and let you listen to music for extended hours.
- This Beyerdynamic model can open and close back, without bothering other people around.
- It has an open design with a great space
- Great audio reproduction
- Fits comfortably on ears
- Specially built for music lovers and professionals
- Cable wires are hard
- Leaks the sound outside
- It fantastic
- the design impressed the buyers.
- It is constructed with comfortable ear pads to relax and listen to music.
3. Monolith M560
Now we are going to tell you the features of Monolith M560:
- It gives you an option for open as well as closed back music listening, and it is a truly comfortable headset for use.
- An amazing sound ambiance is produced with a pleasing effect.
- Wired function with an adapter.
- Monolith M560 is best for professional users especially for DJs, music recording, etc.
- Magnetic speakers for loud bass for better sound outside. It also has a planar magnetic that is small in size but produces good audiophile.
- It is a portable and lightweight headphone. The ear cups are made of wood and inbuilt magnetic effect helps to remove and detach it easily.
- Affordable price
- Comfortable for ears
- Inbuilt is solid quality
- Great space for sound
- Give average sound effect
- Great sound with decent sound performance
- Better sound stage with its mid range and high volume
4. Sennheiser HD 558
Sennheiser has already gained acceptance among music lovers for producing best quality headphones. Won’t you like to have a look at this Sennheiser open back headphone? Just go through its specifications:
- It is built with wired technology. The cable of this headphone is 10 feet long.
- The plug is gold plated
- You can experience something new as it gives a sensible sound effect with a cool stereotype.
- Excellent quality and comfortable design make it look fashionable. It has thin lines with a smooth finishing that looks nice and impressive.
- The headband is comfortable and padded with 18 clicks to adjust effortlessly. Its earpads don’t fold easily because of its large size and not portable or fit in your small briefcase. However, to store it you need a hook or shelf to hang it on when not in use.
- Non-rechargeable headphones produce a natural sound effect.
- Covered with a special netting, but it is advisable to hear music in your room or an isolated place without affecting others.
- Inbuilt ISR.
- Has a comfortable ear pad for log sessions
- Best for movies
- Can handle high volume easily
- Wires are not portable
- Made of plastic that gives a low quality feel
- It is a cheaper set of open back headphones with good quality
5. HiFiman He-4001
Another open back headphone model is presented here for you. You need to read about its features to check whether it may suit your needs:
- It is 30% lighter compared to other headphones, but its open back design may leak sound at high levels.
- Stylish design with a good pattern.
- Earpads made of velour and pleather that keeps ears cool.
- Can enjoy music at home and even in a studio
- Detachable headphones are easy to use. No additional accessories are provided with the product.
- HiFiMan He400i is a large set of headphones with planar magnetic drivers for better sound.
- Has a strong sound bass
- Latest design
- The cable can be detached
- Small cable length
- It is best for long listening and delivers excellent sound
6. Audio Technica ATH AD900X
Audio Technica headphones are famous for enabling listeners to have a great experience of listening to music for a long period of time. Won’t you like to try Audio Technica ATH AD900X? Before trying it, read its specifications here:
- Excellent pair of Audio Headphone that fits easily on many people. The ear cups are stiffer, so it can’t be rotated smoothly in any direction. The large sized ear cups are made of a velour material.
- It is built with a wired technology and the metallic grills are impressive.
- Produces clear and natural sound.
- Large drivers for reproducing super sound.
- Less pressure on the ear buds.
- 3D Wing support with no vibration.
- It comes with instruction manual and also a connector with 3.5mm to 6.35mm
- Light weight and comfortable design fits on your head
- Compatible with or without any amplifier
- Incredible sound reproduction
- Excellent for playing games
- Quality material is made of plastic
- Cable cord cannot be removed
- Problem to adjust 3D wings
- Un extended bass
- Comfortable for ears.
- Gives a professional look
- Produces clear and clarity sound
7. Grade Prestige SR225e
As you are looking for open back headphones for experiencing something extraordinary while listening to music, you can try Grade Prestige SR225e. Here its features are provided for you:
- Warranty applicable in the US only, whereas other countries are deprived of this facility.
- Old fashioned headphone design but its affordable price suits everyone. Though the style and design remained unchanged that gives listening to a better feel.
- Less fashionable headband with leather pads to reduce weight on your head as well as ears too.
- Adjustable headband for easy use, but its non-detachable cable may be a problem for others.
- Good for listening to rock music or jazz and its magnetic tune helps to change the voice and motor drivers.
- Inbuilt high-end frequency and clarity in the sound. The bass of Grade Prestige is tight.
- Lightweight with good design
- Better sound quality
- Does not fit easily on your head
- Poor in reducing sound
- It is heavy weight with bi chambers
- No amplifiers are required
8. Philips X2/27 Fidelio
Philips is a renowned brand that produces the best quality of electronic goods over the years. You can blindly trust on their products for their age-old reparation. Won’t you like to have a look at Philips X2/27 Fidelio open back headphones? Here are its features that may influence you to go for it:
- Most durable open back headphones and comparatively a new brand in the world of Philips. Its pleasing design reproduces a neutral sound and a better experience. It is aluminum built and looks too sophisticated.
- Double layer ear pads for better sound experience and it also offers a pair of extra ear padded cups made of velour. It has a large space ideal for home or while you are alone in a studio.
- Connected with wired technology.
- Tangle free cable ready to use.
- Comfortable earpads for long listening sessions with its 3D constructed mesh which is self-adjusted.
- Frequency level is between 5Hz to 40000 Hz.
- Compatible with any smartphones or any smart device.
- Good Bass effect for clarity in the sound. The strong bases are smooth and neutral. It balances very well to reproduce the pleasing sound effect.
- Heavy weight is not easy to carry.
- Comfortable for long hours
- Strong bass
- Cord detachable
- Heavy weight
- It is reviewed by customers like the comfortable open back headphone.
- Good for traveling and well-built quality
Suggestive Open Back Headphones:
Open back headphones are good for every day usage. But while buying we prefer only the best and affordable ones:
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro – These open back headphones are suitable for smartphones, mixing and other sound systems. It comes with a DT 770 Pro series with 32 Ohm design that is best for music lovers. Though it is bulky, it has an incredible bass and comfortable to ears
- Monolith M560- this another good choice for buyers because it makes you feel specially meant for your ear cups. It has a macho design that can be open and closed. However, it is very comfortable and with its plastic sealed covering it produces great sound. Its features are remarkably outstanding and sensible. The positive point is it refunds 30 days money back policy
- Philips X2/27 Fidelio -Philips Fidelio X2 is a fantastic headband. It gives a classic look with its comfortable design. It produces a clear sound with extra sound effects. In terms of sound quality, it can beat others on this list.
We have suggested some open back headphone models that you can buy for having a great experience of listening to music. You have also been provided with the facts that you need to remember before you are going order the perfect one for you. Please try to keep in mind those matters. First, decide what you need to have for having uninterrupted music experience. Listen! You are given complete guidance. Still, you may have doubts or quires. If such a situation occurs, you can comment below. We will try to help you. Thank you!